No products in the cart.
Hen party bags and hen party favours are by no means essential for a hen party but they do add a nice and personal touch. Hen party favours are little treats for the bride and hen party guests (such as a prosecco lip balm) and hen party bags or hangover kits are a nice way of easing the pain after the night on the town or providing supplies for the hens day activities.
If you want to bring some hen party bags here are some ideas for you. Remember it’s all about quality, not quantity. We’ve put together some ideas for you to pick and choose from depending on your budget.
Hen Party Bags
Black and white is always a classy and timeless hen party theme. It’s also easy to co-ordinate for and most women will have a black item to wear. These black and white hen party bags are on Etsy for about €1 each.
White and gold is another timeless and classy hen party theme. These bags on Etsy are personalised so adds an even nicer and more thoughtful touch to the hen do fun. These white and gold hen party bags are available here.
Fabric hen party bags will last well after the hen party weekend and may also come in useful for the bridal party at the wedding. You can get customised fabric favour bags or gold foiled ones like these on Etsy.
These blush pink and white hen party Team Bride bags are available in our store and match our pink and rose gold hen party accessories collection.
Hangover Kit Bags or Hen Party Survival Kits
For hen party hangover kit bags or hen party survival kits you can use the bags above or you can get special and more specific hangover bags.
If you’re on a tight budget, some simple paper bags will work perfectly. Add a label, sticker or a funny note to them if you want a more personal touch. We have some budget friendly paper bags along with these gorgeous handmade hangover kit bags here.
Hen Party Favours and Survival Items
When it comes to what to put in the bags, there are a few staples which are always a good idea – water, mints, some sweets and maybe some pain killers. To add a personal flair, give everything a label i.e. the brown bag labelled “barf bag” and include with cute sayings written on scrapbook paper. Easy peasy!
For bag fillers, our tip would be to have one stand-out item and a few other fun bits and pieces. Five or so items is plenty. Don’t feel under pressure to have the bags overflowing. Keep it simple and make sure everything in the bag is something you can use on the night or that means something to the bride.
Prosecco lip balm or something similar is a nice little hen apt treat to include in the bags.
Probably the most useful things to pop into your party bags are little bits people might have forgotten and could be in desperate need of on the night or, more than likely, the next morning. Here is the ultimate list of survival items you might want to include:
(1) Bottle of water/lucozade/coke
(4) Chewing gum
(5) Hair bobbins/pins
Image from Wrapped up in Rainbows
Image from Wrapped up in Rainbows
A hen party is the perfect excuse to go candy crazy. Try to pack something tasty to wash down with lashings of champagne. Why not pack:
(1) Mini love hearts
(2) Haribo jellies
(3) Candy bracelets
(5) Treat size chocolate bars
The personal touch
A hen party bag is one of the best opportunities to add a personal touch to the night. All the girls will really appreciate something thoughtful and unique. Things you could consider that won’t break the bank are:
(1) Mini photo albums. Try to fill the first page with a photo of the bride-to-be and each guest. The empty pages can be filled with photos from the night.
(2) Little cards emblazoned with wedding quotes – have a mix of funny and romantic words of wisdom.
(3) Compose your own hen party poem!
(4) Think about things the bride loves and try to bring that into the bags in some small way. For my dinosaur-obsessed journalist bestie, I put in mini dinosaur figures and cute pink notepads and pens.
(5) Check out The Hen Planner Boutique for the trendiest personalised hen party items. Pretty badges and flash tattoos are the perfect addition.
Stick to the theme
It’s always a good idea to include something relevant to your hen party theme. Think outside the box here and make a fabulous nod to what’s in store for the partygoers. Here are a few fun ideas:
(1) For a festival theme, ponchos or these cool wristbands will be a big hit.
(2) For pamper nights in, nail files, mini polishes or face masks would make a great addition. Why not ask at your local perfume/beauty counter for some free samples. Cosy socks from Primark would also go down a storm.
(4) Going vintage for the night? A red lippy would make a real statement!
(5) If boho is your choice, pick up some cheap chain or floral headpieces.
Now you’ve got the fillings sorted, make sure you get some gorgeous bags to match. The Hen Planner Boutique has a great selection here. Bear in mind the number of bags you need when deciding on your items. 30 lipsticks alone could end up breaking the budget, but for five guests, some lip service could turn five lucky bags into VERY lucky bags!
Remember girls, no one will expect expensive items so stick with shops like Primark, Tiger and €2 euro stores and pick up some real bargains online on Etsy, The Hen Planner Boutique and Ebay.
Have fun mixing and matching!
Below are more random ideas we have come across on the wonderful internet.